Remediation of existing structures is a common activity in the building and construction industry. However they are not always done properly as in most cases the builder or contractor provides a temporary fix rather than finding a solution to the root cause of the problem.
Vann Boma Engineering provides unrivalled services in remedial design and specification at all stages of the design life of all types of structures. At Vann Boma we assess each problem and ascertain the underlying causes before specifying any remedial works. You can be rest assured that our remedial designs and specifications focus on achieving long-lasting solutions, being cost effective and practical.
Our remedial services include:
- Inspection and assessment of deteriorated structures or elements
- Advice on the causes of deterioration including cracking, excessive rust, excessive deflections, etc…
- Advice on possible remedial measures or alternatives
- Structural certification post remediation works
- Design and specification of remediation for:
- Fire damage
- Concrete cracking and concrete cancer
- Excessive deflections in structures
- Failure of structural elements
- Deformed steel structures or elements